Monday, July 27, 2009

The Blues in red and black--

I know I said that I was going to take a break from blogging, but I lied. I worked on my comic book project last night- but got home late tonight and decided to do a few exploratory inks.
It's all relative, right? I hope so. Anyway, the thought of imaginary blues men came into to my dome, so here are the sketches it inspired.

(Philly "Fatback" LoPrete, Paris, France, 1965)

("Jazzy Jackie" Geritano, Monterey,Ca., 1963)

("Blind Willie" Henderson, New Orleans, 1956)

(Rollo King & The King's Men, Alabama, 1951)
brush, pen, ink & prismacolor pencil

6 comments:

Whitney Pollett said...

I love em!! Especially this bottom one. You really captured an era, ya know!? You're so good at that!!

Mug It Up!/Jim H said...

Great! I agree about the Rollo King one!

max said...

Same as above.

Craig Mackay said...

Beautiful, as always, Vince!

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I love them in the order that they appear....the bottom being the one I love the most.
Blind Willie rocks!

Vince M said...

Thank you, Whitley Potluck, I try to "capture an era" every chance I get. Thanks for the love reach-out, too.

Means a lot, Jim. Thanks.

Thanks Craig. Hope you're doing well.

And Ry, thanks for staying up all night in order to win the 'Latest Comment Posted Ever' Contest! I also appreciate the kind words. And I agree, Blind Willie rocks!

Back and forth, I imagine.