Friday, December 29, 2006

Ruff Stuff...


This is a rough drawing of my buddy Johnny's character "Dr. Monster". I occassionally draw Doc's strip in "Silver Comics", with loose layouts supplied by John. It's a great way of experimenting with different storytelling techniques, and a taste of what it might have been like working with Harvey Kurtzman. Although Johnny isn't as neurotic about following his roughs as Harvey was.

If you'd like to see some of my work in this genre, along with stellar artwork by Scott Seeto, Bryan Mon, Dan Beltran, Ruben Procopio, Mark Prudeaux and, of course Johnny Ortiz - pay a visit to: http://thesilvercomicsblog.blogspot.com/ And hit the Silver Comics link to order a few copies.
You won't be dissappointed.

'Nuff Said!

(Dr. Monster is TM & (C) 2007 by Juan Ortiz)

2 comments:

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

Hey V! I'm actually out of town now...dropped in to say hello and took a quick look at the website. I saw Ruben's scultpures--holy cow. I knew him in clean up, a very sweet soul, always sketching away with a felt tip pen on yellow stickies outside of Marshall Toomey's office--had no idea he is so versital. I never knew he sculpted! I'm blown away by his sculptures!

Happy Holidays! Hope you are having a fun break.

Vince M said...

you're right Kim, Ruben is one of the great ones.